Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future.
– John F. Kennedy
Let the people know the facts, and the country will be safe.
– Abraham Lincoln
Important Legal Documents
If you want to read the actual document, please click on the link below:
- June 29, 2020 – Motion to Reconsider filed by Borough
- June 8, 2020 Court Order: Court directs Special Master and Special Counsel to develop an Affordable Housing Plan for Borough with 174 units
- April 17, 2020 Court Order: Court strips Planning Board of its zoning and land use authority and voids all Borough zoning
- February 12, 2020 Court Order : Court approves 800 Sylvan Avenue 600 unit Plan
- January 27, 2020: Court finds Borough “Constitutionally non-compliant”: Requires 174 new affordable housing units in addition to 167 units at 800 Sylvan. Directs 800 Sylvan to submit its Builders Remedy suit.
- Analysis (included in Motion to Reconsider) by Borough expert Robert Powell of financial impact of 174 unit court order
- Englewood Cliffs Trial Brief Affordable Housing Litigation Part 1
- Englewood Cliffs Trial Brief Affordable Housing Litigation Part 2
- Fair Share Housing Center Trial Brief
- Normandy (800 Sylvan) Trial Brief
- August 27, 2019 – Superior Court Decision on Loss of Immunity
- October 3, 2019 – Court Filing by Borough Affordable Housing Attorney Jeffrey Surenian on Memorandum of Understanding
- July 10, 2019 – Transcript of Borough Meeting on Non-binding Memorandum of Understanding
- March 7, 2019 – Superior Court Order Directing Mediation and Settlement Discussions
- February 22, 2019 – Superior Court Decision on Planning Board Denial of Normandy Corporate Plan
- Oct. 11, 2019 – Trial Update Day 2 –
- December 7, 2017 – Meeting with Normandy